Jump to Recipe
Your sweet tooth is demanding instant gratification. You head to the kitchen in search of something. Anything. All you find are ingredients. The situation is looking desperate. But if you have an [affiliate link] Instant Pot and the right ingredients, you can have Instant Pot cinnamon roll monkey bread in about 30 minutes. You’ll be in hog heaven. Take away lesson: Always keep a can or two of emergency cinnamon rolls in the refrigerator.
I’m calling this version 2.0 because it’s almost a cross between a monkey bread and a bread pudding. Almost. There is no custard (milk and eggs) in this version. But the amount of butter (oops) makes it so deliciously ooey-gooey that it’s almost like a pudding. Make it and you’ll see what I mean.
Instant Pot cinnamon roll monkey bread is super easy to make. When you need something sweet it does the trick. Any time of the day or night. The ingredients are simple. The prep is simple. It’s the perfect treat for two. Or one. Sharing is optional.
You can eat this warm. But I’m here to tell you that after it sits for a few hours and all the buttery syrup is absorbed by the rolls… Whoa. Sublime. I know that waiting is hard. But if that can ever happen, you’ll thank me for suggesting it.
This recipe is adapted from FoodnService Instant Pot Monkey Bread.
A quick and easy monkey bread using a can of cinnamon rolls from the refrigerator case at the grocery store, butter, and brown sugar.
- 1 can cinnamon rolls, 12.4 oz. (reserve frosting packet)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp butterscotch morsels optional
- 3 Tbsp chopped walnuts optional
Cut cinnamon rolls into quarters.
2. Put quartered cinnamon rolls in a large bowl. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup white sugar. Toss to coat.
3. Layer cinnamon roll pieces in the bottom of a 7 inch pan*.
4. Sprinkle butterscotch morsels and/or nuts over pieces, if using.
5. Melt butter in the microwave. Stir in the brown sugar until well-blended.
6. Pour the buttery syrup evenly over the cinnamon roll pieces.
7. Pour 1 cup of water into the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Set the rivet in the pot**. Put the pan with the cinnamon rolls on the trivet. Cover the pan with a piece of foil to keep condensation from the lid off the rolls.
8. Close the lid. Set the valve to seal. Use the Manual setting and set the time for 23 minutes. Use a 5 minute Natural Pressure Release. Manually release any remaining pressure after the 5 minutes are up.
9. Carefully remove the pan from the pot. It will be hot.
10, Allow the pan to sit for at least 10 minutes to absorb the syrupy goodness.
11. Take it over the top by drizzling the frosting from the packet that came with the cinnamon rolls over the warm monkey bread.
- * Any metal or silicone 7 inch pan will work fine. However, a cake pan is preferable to a spring form pan or a push pan.
- ** If your trivet doesn't have handles, use a folded strip of foil that's long enough to go under the pan and come up both sides of the pan to act as handles.